Air Conditioner Repair
The last thing you need on a blisteringly hot summer afternoon is for your air conditioner to stop working. Perhaps the unit is making odd noises or has begun vibrating violently. Either way, you need service as fast as possible to prevent your house from becoming a veritable oven.
At Aire Serv®, we’re on call 24/7 to offer air conditioner repair when you need it most. We charge by the job, not by the hour, and there’s never an overtime charge. We explain all your options before starting the air conditioner repair so you can decide what’s best for you. Aire Serv is licensed and insured, and we guarantee our work the first time around. Since we service and repair all equipment brands, you can put your full confidence in us to professionally complete your air conditioner repair.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
What is it that has you looking into emergency air conditioner repair? If you’re experiencing any of the following problems, you’re certainly not alone. Some of the most common A/C problems that warrant emergency repair include:
- The air conditioner won’t turn on.
- Weird noises or vibrating occur at startup or during operation.
- Warm air exits the supply registers.
- The unit hums, but the fan doesn’t turn on.
- The fan runs, but the compressor isn’t working.
- Water is pooling around the air conditioner.
Reasons the Air Conditioner has Stopped Working Correctly
You can easily identify the problems listed above, but what’s behind them? Here are the underlying causes of air conditioner problems and how an Aire Serv technician can fix them:
- No power to the air conditioner: This could be due to faulty wiring, a tripped breaker, or an overheated air conditioner that has shut itself off. A technician can fix the wiring, reset the circuit breaker, and make sure no vegetation is blocking airflow to the outdoor unit to hopefully restore air conditioner function.
- Worn out fan belt: A squealing sound is good cause for concern, since it could indicate the fan belt is wearing out and is about to snap. If that happens before a technician replaces it, a far more expensive repair could be necessary.
- Refrigerant leak: Hissing is a tell-tale sound the refrigerant is leaking. This decreases efficiency and is bad for the environment. A trained Aire Serv technician will not only recharge the system, but will also replace tubing to prevent the leak from persisting.
- Frozen evaporator coil: Continual operation at night, a low refrigerant level, poor circulation and other causes can result in a frozen evaporator coil. This makes the air exiting supply registers feel warm. Turn off the air conditioner and contact a technician to make any necessary repairs that could prevent a frozen coil in the future.
- Defective fan motor: This can prevent air circulation around your home. A technician may be able to repair the motor, or a replacement could be necessary.
- Defective compressor: The fan runs, but the air feels warm because the compressor isn’t working. This is one of the most expensive components of an air conditioner. Speak with your Aire Serv technician about whether a replacement is more cost effective than air conditioner repair in this instance.
- Clogged condensate drain: Algae, dirt, insect nests and other debris can clog the condensate drain over time, potentially leading to water damage. A technician flushes the system and can apply an algaecide to help prevent future clogs.
Air Conditioner Preventive Maintenance
Once you have a new, energy efficient air conditioner system, you want to keep it running smoothly for as long as possible. Consult our air conditioner maintenance information for routine things you can do to extend the life of your air conditioner and prevent unexpected emergency repairs.
To schedule emergency air conditioner repair, contact a trusted technician at Aire Serv today.